31 January, 2007

Save Borough Market
















I don't believe it. My family used to joke and call it the "Frederickson curse," that everything we developed an addiction to got cancelled, discontinued, dropped, whether it was a television show, a favorite perfume or soft drink. But I'm sorry: Borough Market?? I just got here!

Seriously, John has sent me an email with a link to a "green" blog discussing an absolute impossiblity: apparently planning permission has been awarded to some horrid railroad group to run a new train track RIGHT THROUGH Borough Market! This can't happen. Just my luck: the place has been running since 1550 and I get here just in time to see a baggage car replace my favorite butcher. We've all got to sign the petition on this blog. One Southwark official put it just right: taking away what matters to the residents for the benefit of people who are, literally, passing through. I can't bear it.

As if to thumb their noses at this possible horror (funding has yet to be found, and maybe we can keep that from happening), there's a new foodie show about to start filming, every day, from the Market. I adore Clarissa Dickson-Wright, one of the proposed hosts, in particular, ever since "Two Fat Ladies" aired, and perhaps a little star power will help our cause. And hey: maybe "Kristen in London" helped "Save Ratty", one never knows. Blog power!

1 comment:

secondhand bicycles in uk said...

Excellent Articles writing Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world. am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work..
olympic station cycles
trendy cycle shops london