28 March, 2008

Top Secret

Well, here's a turn-up for the books. Due to unforeseen circumstances of a friendly but potentially "I'm shutting you down" nature (I know, how can those two things be true at the same time? it's complicated) this blog is going to turn into...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

A by-invitation only experience for you, dear readers. So, if you'd like to be given the password, the secret handshake AND the cuddly toy, email me your email address at a special, super-secret email address that is:

kristen.blog.london@googlemail.com

I know, I know, it sounds insane. But truly, for the happiness of all concerned, it's the only way. After all, we can't have the WHOLE WORLD getting ahold of my recipe for pesto, now can we? Once I get your email addresses, I will add them to my list of invitation-only addresses which will then be able to get the blog.

I'll look forward to hearing from any and all, and this should take effect in about three days, unless you opted for the fizzy tablet in which case it should enter your bloodstream in about 15 minutes. See you there...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - I am so sad to hear that. I hope your anonymous readers did not drive you to it, and I hope you have a good lawyer if someone is accusing you of copyright violation or something like that. How silly. I have really enjoyed reading about your experiences and sharing your recipes.
--From the sewing-challenged name-tape mom in Surrey

S. said...

Oh no! I have been reading your blog for a little while now and I truly enjoy it. You're always very positive and your recipes are yummy, to say the least. I hope you will allow me to keep reading now that you've gone private.

-Susie (Texas, USA)

Kristen In London said...

No, no worries on a legal front! Just trying to make friends happy, who were feeling nerves at being discussed online. Happily no lawyers involved, just a scramble to make everything all right. I love that everyone's jumping on board to sign up for the password (too funny, that idea). We'll be up and running behind closed doors to the happy few very soon. Name-tape mum: want to give me your email to the secure email address, and I can add you? Don't want anymore emergencies of a haberdashery nature, of course!

Shelley said...

Dear Kristen...

Your journal is nothing short of 5 stars!! ...and those who were miffed...shame on them. So there. ;o)

I thoroughly enjoyed your sightseeing tour...awfully nice of you to let us all tag along.

Meanwhile, I have to try the Lillian Hellman Chicken, however I think I will have to go into the city to find the pecorino cheese. I have about as much luck with Metronorth as you do with the Tube, lol. Thank Goodness the train stops at Grand Central and I HAVE to get off...otherwise I've always pictured myself calling Erik from somewhere in New Jersey saying, "But honey, I really don't KNOW how I got here."

It's good to know that Avery's imagination is in full working order. I loved the murder mystery!! Perhaps she'll end up writing it one day. :o)

--Hugs from Shelley in NY...along the Hudson River.