24 March, 2009

you're all free now

No photo, no recipe, just a heartfelt THANK YOU to my loyal subscribed readers who suffered through 1) isolation, 2) password annoyance, and 3) my sad mood upon closing down the blog except to registered readers.

Well... drum roll please... we're OPEN! It was so simple. I approached Avery's school through the most official of channels and no problem: they are completely happy for me to have my blog. It underscored the complete and utter insanity of the school official tangentially related to dear Avery's last educational institution just about a year ago. This lady, who was a complete stranger to all of us, flipped her lid to the extent that thanks to her threats to Avery's happiness and security (I wish I were making this up) I closed the blog to all but password-holders.

It sounds so simple now, but the hideous and cruel threats of those old days held sway over me for months, right up until now. My ever-sensible husband said, "Why not just ask how the school feels?" and so, heart in my throat, I did. And they were LOVELY. Understanding, almost uninterested, just calm and modern.

So here we are. You can send the link to your friends! You can recommend my blog to your mother. You can do anything you like because we're... open and ready for business. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking with me through the rough patches. You know who you are.

9 comments:

Foxi Rosie said...

Whahoo... I have wanted to recommend your blog to a few of my writing friends, to demonstrate what excellent writing really is. So now I can. Thank you Kristen. And thank you for your kind comments.

Kristen In London said...

how kind, Rosie! Three loud cheers.

min said...

It must feel very freeing. It's nice to just open your page and be greeted with your enticing words and recipes.
Min

nanacoon said...

I was SHOCKED this morning when I checked in on you and didn't have to divulge my address, password, social security #, grandchildren's birthdays, license plate #, weight!!!. All I did was click on the Icon and there you were. That's pure freedom. Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristen
Nice to see you back, have missed dipping into your London life.
Helen [Andrew Marr fan]

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristen
Nice to see you back, have missed dipping into your London life.
Helen [Andrew Marr fan]

Kristen In London said...

thanks, everyone, for your welcome back! It feels really good. Please, pass the link along to anyone you like. All are welcome, and who knows, someone might know someone who's looking for a foodie correspondent from London...!

A Work in Progress said...

This is so exciting! I hope your new readers will savour your writing as much as I have.

Kristen In London said...

thanks, Work in Progress, I do too. A friend in America reports that USA Today had a story this morning about publishers trolling blogs for book ideas, so... fingers crossed! Much marketing to be done.